Yay! I was nominated yesterday for my first blog award! I’ll admit. I cheated a little since the person who nominated me is my boyfriend, but he also legitimately loves my blog as well as me. Probably mostly because he gets to eat all the food I cook. But I digress!
Here are the rules for receiving the award:
1. Thank the person who gave it to you.
2. Share seven random facts about yourself.
3. Share seven of your worthy posts under the following headers: Most Beautiful Piece, Most Helpful, Most Popular, Most Controversial, Most Surprisingly Successful, Most Underrated and Most Pride Worthy.
4. Nominate seven other bloggers and notify them.
So here we go!
1. I was nominated for this award by my amazing, awesome and talented boyfriend Adam over at Eat, Sleep, Television. Adam is a movie and tv fanatic and is also excellent at breaking episodes and movies down and just telling you how he feels. He has done some excellent reviews and even though I don’t always agree with him (Avatar ROCKS!), I love his style and ability to see things others cannot. His dream in life is to become a critic so go help him out. It will be a win-win situation.
2. Seven Random Facts… Alrighty then.
- I don’t like crunchy desserts. My cookies will be doughy, Bob Darn It!
- I have an obsession with shoes. And purses. And clothes. And shopping in general.
- I wear a shower cap. Curly girls represent!
- I’m related to Stonewall Jackson by marriage.
- My mother is Anne Rice.
- I LOVE Hello Kitty. Like seriously. LOVE.
- The story behind Basmati Taco, the name. My last name is Rice. Once day my friend and I were signing up for online dating (and it worked out well I must say) and it is ridiculously hard to come up with screen names for these things. My friend suggested something rice related and we came up with Basmati. Well, that was already taken and the site recommended trying Basmati_Taco. And there you have it. I actually have never had a Basmati Taco but it will happen someday. Indian-style tacos here I come!
3. My posts:
- Most Beautiful: Steph’s Guacamole
- Most Helpful: How to Treat Your Avocados With Respect
- Most Popular: Raw Vegan Chocolate Mousse Pie
- Most Controversial: Grits Pie
- Most Surprisingly Successful: Crock Pot Orange Chicken
- Most Underrated: Sopapilla Cheesecake
- Most Pride Worthy: Creamy Tomato Basil Bisque
4. And the nominees are:
- Journey Too
- Going Dutch
- Cloud of Lace
- Danny’s Kitchen
- Lauren’s Road Less Traveled
- Assia’s Kaleidoscope
- A Teaspoon Of Tumeric
And there you have it! Thanks so much to Adam and to all my readers!