Crock Pot Orange Chicken
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 2-3 hrs
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in to small chunks
1/3 cup flour
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
3 tbs catsup
6 oz orange juice concentrate, thawed
4 tbs brown sugar
Salt to taste
1. Mix vinegar, catsup, orange juice, salt and brown sugar in a bowl.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
3. In a large bowl coat chicken in flour and shake off excess. In batches if necessary, brown chicken on all sides in skillet.
4. Place chicken in crock pot and cover with sauce. Stir gently.
5. Cook chicken on high for 2-3 hrs.
Recipe adapted from The Pursuit of Happiness.
I found this recipe on Pinterest and thought it was a great idea. I do love any thing that can be made in a Crock Pot. This was definitely easy and I found it delicious. I served it with white rice and stir fry vegetables that I cooked in oil and a little butter. The sauce for the orange chicken becomes nice and thick without being sickly sweet like some orange chicken can be. Also keep in mind that browning the chicken well is important so it stays together, but cooking it completely is not necessary. I recommend giving this a try!